Pro-fold Bi-folding Gates, Speed Gates Are Fast and Safe Access
- Bi-folding gates is that they can open and close in less time than a swing or sliding gate. So this could be useful where, for example, security requirements dictated that an entrance should only remain open for a minimum period of time;
- Taking up less space when open (so this might be helpful in a solution where there was limited space for the gate to open into - i.e a bi-folding gate will take up approximately half the opening arc of a conventional swing gate)
- Compared to a swing gate, they can more easily cope with gradients as the full span of the gate obviously does not extend to the same length when it opens and closes
Bi-folding gates are often used where there is continual or high levels of vehicle traffic, plus where it is also important that the gate closes after each individual vehicle passes through and then quickly opens again for the next one - so perhaps a staff car park entrance.
Procter Applies Its Huge Experience and Expertise to Bi-folding Speed Gates
Our 100 years plus of innovative design, skilled manufacture and careful installation is what underpins our offer for the relatively new automatic bi-folding speed gates. As with all gate types, we have started with the basic principle and then refined and developed it to ensure both reliable and safe operation. The opening and closing speed of our bi-folding gates can be as low as 10 seconds, though this will of course depend on other factors and in particular the size of the entrance span the gate needs to cover.
Bespoke Bi-folding Gates
Whilst always retaining the basic principle of the bi-folding gate, our bespoke design service ensures that gates can be designed and manufactured to suit the exact site requirements - both operational and aesthetic. Over and above the width and height of the gates, key considerations for the design can be:
- What basic type of material and style will be used and normally to match adjacent fencing e.g. welded mesh, palisade or balustrade
- What the finish and colour will be - we can powder coat to any RAL colour or create special colours to match corporate branding etc.
- Whether or not a company or school logo is to be included on the face of the gates - something we can fully handle in-house including using laser-cutting technology
Safety is Paramount for Bi-folding GatesAs with all the automatic gate types we design, manufacture and install at Procter, safety is of course absolutely paramount. All automatic gates, by their very nature, present a danger if proper measures are not put in place to ensure otherwise. However and because of the physical speed which bi-folding gates are designed to open and close at, they arguably present an even greater risk and therefore we guarantee that all our bi-folding gates fully meet or exceed the legal requirements. So in this respect you can proceed with a bi-folding gate project in complete confidence with Procter Automatic Gates.
|Our experienced surveyor will discuss with you in detail, and explain the benefits of different styles of automatic gates best for your site. Request your Free Survey Now.||The full range of access control systems can be considered for automatic gates, so this doesn't have to be taken into account when deciding which type of gate to specify.||We can add logo to your gate. The colour of the automatic gates can be matched as necessary, and adding a logo is very straight forward to us. Read how we can apply your logo to almost any gate design.||Check our Swing Gates if you have a 25m and above wide access roadway, need a heavy material specified gate, or do not have space adjacent to the gate for cantilever gate.|